Relateable. Timely. Serious. Funny. REAL.

Always write with the ear, not the eye. You should hear every sentence you write as if it was being read aloud or spoken.
-C. S. LEWIS

NOTE: New Readers: Start from the bottom, work your way up.




Saturday, November 20, 2010

For C.S.

I wanna get to know you. From the day we actually had a real conversation I knew there was something different about you. Before then it was your handsomeness that had me drawn but after realizing the depth of your intelligence I knew for sure I had to have you. I know you like to keep to yourself and that's cool. It lets me know you have enough confidence that you don't need anyone to validate you as important, cause you're too focused on you. Your smirk that's often confused as a smile on your face lets me know you're always thinking and I like that, cause often times thinking equates to dreaming and that means you have vision. See I think I've scoped you out a lil bit, well enough to know that it's you I want because it's more of you I must get to know.

EAR

1 comment:

  1. I like this one, especially this line: "Your smirk that's often confused as a smile on your face lets me know you're always thinking and I like that, cause often times thinking equates to dreaming and that means you have vision."

    You have a universal voice, which means everybody (well, most people) will be able to relate somehow.

    Thanks for letting me read! I'm gonna keep reading!

    ReplyDelete