Relateable. Timely. Serious. Funny. REAL.

Always write with the ear, not the eye. You should hear every sentence you write as if it was being read aloud or spoken.
-C. S. LEWIS

NOTE: New Readers: Start from the bottom, work your way up.




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DOUBLE CONSCIOUSNESS

THE DREAM

Wonder if he feels the same
Like me does he imagine me screaming his name
I wonder if he dreams the dreams
if he thinks the things,
the same very things
the things that mean the most
when I speak of him I boast
I smile a smile the smile unseen
for time has passed since the smile saw a scene
wonder does he smile the smile the same very smile
the one that makes my heart gleam
could it be the same very things I say when I'm away
He says the same in his own very special way
does he wonder if and wonder when
wonder the time we end of friends and begin again
but this time to transcend
the time when these thoughts were only when
and only if
but would we drift
would we regret the if
regret the when
regret the time we end as friends
or should we depress the wonder
forget the dream
and rather me not scream his name
should we remain
wonder does he think the same...

THE REALITY

That's just my wondering brain
He probably doesn't think a thing
Neither does he feel a thing
Nothing's the same
Nothing I thought ever became
A thought to say the same
Of course it's never crossed his mind
He's never called me his mine
He's never thought a thing of this matter
His mind has never dreamed
Never saw the things I seen
Of us
Of we
We belong
But of course he just plays along
A friend he knows he is that and that alone
He's never thought these things
Not of me
Never realized the smile he brings
To me
Never realized its to me he clings
Just a friend is all it means
Though to me it does not seem
So clear through smoke screens
The truth revealed of those things
But I'll accept these things he does not see
And leave the dreams
the wonder
to me.

EAR

No comments:

Post a Comment