Relateable. Timely. Serious. Funny. REAL.

Always write with the ear, not the eye. You should hear every sentence you write as if it was being read aloud or spoken.
-C. S. LEWIS

NOTE: New Readers: Start from the bottom, work your way up.




Saturday, November 20, 2010

UNTITLED (2003)

Laughter rang loud and clear
But I didn't see anyone near
Then I realized it came from inside

I had no feeling of remorse
Just the feeling that someone blew out my torch
The flame that had been destroying my flesh

I wanted to clean the mess I created
But I figured, pretty soon the blood will have evaporated

All of a sudden I felt something wet
Run down my face
This new thought I could not erase

I just killed my bestfriend
Made their whole life end
Yet I feel free
As if a burden had been lifted from me

As I sit here looking at you
Wondering how I could have been so cruel
It's a little too late to say sorry now

EAR

No comments:

Post a Comment