Reality used to be beautiful
A dream of epic proportions
Plans for the future and goodbye to the past
My vision was clear no sign of distortion
Heart content and soul festive
Night time was the Brightest
Dangers seen and unseen
Yet your arms protective
Perfection I'd reached and the sight was glorious
Escaping all battles Together we were victorious
I decided to take a walk in the shadows
To ponder on what might've been missing
Stepped down into the valley for the sole purpose of reminiscing
I found myself being swallowed up and almost drowned in sorrow
The earth quaked tremendously and I could only wish for the morrow
I began to sink and was frightened at the thought of my diminish
All I could say was
"But I'm not finished"
The harder I fought to pull myself out of the pit
I realized my ascension, my fight, my will and desire not to quit
The strength I found I 'thought' I had in 'you'
But after hitting rock bottom I gained a totally different view
Reality's no longer beautiful, my dreams no longer epic
Sight isn't the clearest and the past and the future are no longer separate
Perfection, I know of none and its ceased to exist
I've replaced naivety with wisdom and a little acceptance to assist
Life's no bed of ease no long lasting contentment
It's a place where broken promises are the results of such said commitment
But after the rode traveled and lesson learned
I made it through without you a Champion
And my title's well earned
EAR
No comments:
Post a Comment