dnt tell anyone but sometimes I sit and think of you
on these mind trips I try my hardest to remember the good times
scenes flash like pictures falling out of the photo album
as if I'm floating above those exact moments
I look dwn on us, looking at each other, smiling at each other, holding each other, loving each other, and I smile...
with the blink of an eye I'm back to reality and it's hard to even imagine that any of those things ever happened
the tears that filled my eyes for months are even dried up
I try my best to recapture any bit of emotion left but there's no luck
I attempt to question what went wrong but all I get is static
As if 'us' were merely a dream
The good or the bad, I just can't seem to remember
The ring is in the box, the bear is on my bed
the shoes line the closet floor as my others do
I still wear the jacket...
but these material things have all lost the sentiment they once held...but what happened to my key?
A part of me wants to hold on to what I knew of you
And the other part convinces me that I never really did...
Time won't sit still long enough to even let me figure my own thoughts out
so I try my best to remember...
but I just can't
...can you?
No comments:
Post a Comment