Relateable. Timely. Serious. Funny. REAL.

Always write with the ear, not the eye. You should hear every sentence you write as if it was being read aloud or spoken.
-C. S. LEWIS

NOTE: New Readers: Start from the bottom, work your way up.




Thursday, March 31, 2011

(Happy) April Fools Day

okay so now I can't sleep.

like I'm glad to have heard from him but everything he said I'm not quite fond of. it just makes me think, why do people put themselves through unnecessary shit. all for the purpose of impressing others and boosting their own egos when in the depths of their hearts and minds, and the very essence of their being they Know what they're doing is wrong. and trust I'm not pointing the finger cause I've done the shit. as humans why do we do stuff like that? and the funniest part is that in the midst of it we make excuses like I'm doing it cause I want to and I can, while people like our elders look at us and think one day they'll see. so having that same perspective as them I'm
thinking what the hell? did it really take All of that for you to have to get your life together. that damn will I tell ya. you knw man's will, the one each and every man is born with, the one God gave us and sits back and watches to see if we'll choose right over wrong, Him over the crowd...smh and it's such a shame cause it sometimes takes so long for us to figure out that we may choose our actions but someone actually gave us that choice. He could've easily made man to do Exactly what He wanted them to but noo, our God is clever, He gave us a chance And the choice to choose right. ain't that something?
But I digress, back to this random reconnect of mine. I'm almost speechless and my mind really can't process the information to the point that I can even express an emotion of any sort. this life, boy, its something else. but Ive learned that once you stop trying to figure it out and stop stressing over things you have absolutely no control over, everything becomes a bit more peaceful. I didn't say perfect, cause your life'll never be that, so get that through your head, but you'll be able to experience peace when you accept the facts of life. and I won't include a list of those facts, because they come to people differently, but I do know this, when you're at your lowest, when you've reached the very bottom of the valley and you feel like there is nothing else left know that there is a God who governs the skies, the same one who separated the night from day, the same who breathed the breath of life into man and said let us make him in our own image and after our likeness so that he may have dominion over the fish of the sea over the fowl of the air and over every living creature that crawls on the earth...thats the same God who knows exactly what He is doing and why He has you where you are. (I know cause I been there!) You werent created to Stay below but He Allows us to go through things to show us His sovereignty and help us realize that ultimately it's He that is in control.

And I guess I just preached to myself. hmph!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment