Relateable. Timely. Serious. Funny. REAL.

Always write with the ear, not the eye. You should hear every sentence you write as if it was being read aloud or spoken.
-C. S. LEWIS

NOTE: New Readers: Start from the bottom, work your way up.




Thursday, February 24, 2011

everytime

I walk in the same direction
at the same time of day
that place, the last place, I saw you there
I retrace my steps simply to try and seee your face again
Each time I walk into your favorite location
I can't help but watch my back in case you
surprise me with your presence

It didn't use to be like this
I didn't have to guess where I'd run into you
You used to tell me
Something happened
Now I wait to hear from you
I wait for our spontaneous meetings
For those are the only times I'm able to
quench my thirst that is you.

No comments:

Post a Comment