Originally written : Friday, October 29, 2009 (for an old friend)
The tallest mountain couldn’t stand in my way
Lightning could strike knocking out all power and your smile would still brighten my day
An earthquake meant to separate us couldn’t keep me from you
A tornado’s fury could blow me away but the strongest of winds couldn’t keep from coming back to you
Hail could fall from the heavens destroying everything in its path
But only the tests of time will be proof in how long we last
No seemingly insurmountable obstacle will ever be more than just that
If for you on my death bed I’d allow that line to go flat
All the words in the world could never describe exactly how I feel
I could write a thousand poems, a million letters and none of them would say everything and that’s real
I’d give my all at any given moment or time
If I were the sun and you were the moon, my illumination I’d share just so you could shine
If strength were all I had to show
I’d knock out the strongest of boxers with just one blow
Even after all of the romance, flowers, and gifts are no more exciting
My love won’t be unending and my heart forever inviting
Tests and trials, both guarantees in life
Won’t be my exit, because giving up isn’t an option and you’re definitely worth the fight
When unexpected conditions show up in your forecast, trust I can weather the storm
I’ll be that humanly comfort, that guide, that strength when you’re weak and worn
Through hardships, through success, championships and even closed doors
No matter the circumstances or situation, I’m down, willing and ready for whatever, but most importantly forever yours
No comments:
Post a Comment